White Sparkling Wine Bollinger - La Grande Annee

2007

Select Vintage Select Vintage
 
Bollinger - La Grande Annee
Bollinger - La Grande Annee
  • Country France
  • UPC 864576000174
SKU
12270G-07/6PK
SKU
12270-07/6PK
Wine Spectator 94
Wine Spirits 92
Robert Parker 94+
Join Now

Activate your account to purchase online, view your detailed history, get tasting notes from over 10 major publications, request our catalogs/POS, and much more!

Steps

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Monsieur Touton Selection Ltd. is a wine and spirits distributor, serving industry professionals with valid liquor licenses only. If you do not qualify as such, ask your local liquor store/restaurant to contact us! This item may or may not be available in selected states.

This website is for informational purposes only.

 

Technical Info

Wine

The vintage-dated La Grande Annee is only produced in exceptional years, and is rightly known as one of the world's greatest Champagnes. The 2007 vintage has a slightly higher amount of Pinot Noir (70%) than usual, with Chardonnay rounding out the rest of the blend (30%).

Estate

Family-owned since 1829 and based in the village of Aÿ in the heart of the Champagne region, Champagne Bollinger is revered around the world for its elegant and complex champagnes produced from their exceptional vineyards, with an emphasis on the Pinot Noir grape, and a uniquely rigorous nurturing of their wines. Bollinger’s carefully farmed 400 acres of primarily Grand Cru and Premier Cru vineyards make them one of the most important vineyard owners in all of Champagne. The family’s tenacity in continuing with labor-intensive handriddling, vinification in small, old casks, and long aging of reserve wines in magnums under cork, results in Champagnes of true individuality and excellence.

Vinification

La Grande Annee is vinified entirely in older oak barrels, and undergoes its second fermentation under cork, rather than on crown capsule. The wine spent approximately 6 years on the lees, and has a moderate dosage of 7 grams per liter.

Vineyard

91% of the fruit was sourced from Grand Cru villages and 9% from Premier Cru villages. The Pinot Noir comes predominantly from Ay and Verzenay, the Chardonnay from Avize, Chouilly and Mesnil-sur-Oger.

Welcome to Monsieur Touton Selection, Ltd.!

You have to be 21 years old in the USA (or of legal drinking age in your country) to visit this website.

Please note that Monsieur Touton Selection is a wholesaler and as such, does not sell any products to end-consumers.

This website is for informational purpose only. By entering this website, you agree to our terms of use.

Please enter your birthday, and agree to the term of use to continue.

Remember me (do not select on shared computers)